Of course, even in today’s economic market. But how about an illustration? Providing a simple, accurate illustration to ensure correct product assembly may save you several hundred words.
Creating instructional illustrations may test your patience. For first timers – it may test your will!
A few tips before proceeding, or asking someone else to proceed:
- Begin with the actual product in hand so you can see all the important details
- You may need to start with a sketch or photo before picking up your mouse
- Determine if your drawing will need to be done in normal or isometric perspective
- Decide which components will need to be simplified in order to reduce the drawing to its simplest form
- Draw at an appropriate size so that the line weights won’t disappear when reduced in size
- Be consistent with line weights
- Ask questions
- Be prepared for revisions